Friday, November 9, 2007

Welcome to Chi-town

CHICAGO – I just can't resist using a dateline.

Good morning from Chicago, home of Daniel Burnham, Oprah Winfrey, and – for the next couple of days – me. I'm here for an online journalism conference that will hopefully benefit you, too.

I'll be attending seminars on generating traffic, video and webcasts, and citizen journalism (that's where you guys do the leg work for us). I'm particularly fond of that last one.

I intend to learn a few things to make this blog and our main site more user-friendly and interactive. If you have any suggestions, let me know and I'll do my best.

In the meantime, I'm going to scrounge up some breakfast. So far, my impressions of the Windy City: surprisingly clean; friendly people; not as cold as I expected.

I'll check back in later on today.

-JACKIE SAUTER, Multimedia Editor

No comments: