Thursday, November 15, 2007

Does the IRS owe you dough?

According to the Internal Revenue Service, there are 115,478 people out there who are due tax refund checks. The missing checks were ones returned to the IRS as undeliverable.

The IRS says the average check is $953 and a claim can be filed online or over the phone after you update your address.

Follow the link to the IRS Web site and check for yourself.

To update your address you will need to give them your Social Security number, how you filed (married filing jointly, single, etc…) and the exact refund amount from the tax return. You can also call 1-800-829-1040.

-BEN MOOK, Assistant Business Editor

No comments: