Sunday, November 11, 2007

Beyond Web 2.0

Whew!

This is the first chance I've had to post since I returned from the Internet conference in Chicago last night. The three days flew by in a whirlwind of search engine optimization and unique visitors. I was disappointed to leave the Windy City so quickly; it was an exciting and beautiful place.

Back to the conference. Yesterday I learned there was Web beyond 2.0 (think social networking sites and wikis). In fact, there are plans for a Web 3.0 that puts data at front and center (instead of documents). My mind was blown.

Other highlights include debating the merits of widgets, sharing our ideas for forums, aggregation and more.

Before we get to any of that, though, we have to put The Daily Record's site through a usability test. And with this test, there'll be sharing of answers.

1. Is our text legible?

2. Are our menu categories easy-to-use?

3. Is the task flow efficient?

What do you all think? I could give you my answers, but I guarantee that your opinions reign supreme.

-JACKIE SAUTER, Multimedia Editor

No comments: