Saturday, August 4, 2007

A mom who rocks

It’s Virgin Festival Eve and it’s the hottest night of the year… 90 degrees at 9PM… I’m 50 years old, I’ve been going to rock concerts since Alice Cooper was considered scary and cutting edge and tomorrow I am going to Pimlico racetrack with my 15-year-old daughter Chelsea for the second Virgin Music Festival.

I have already planned my wardrobe based upon what I can wear into a misting tent and still look fresh. Chelsea, of course, is planning hers based on what looks cool, not so much what feels cool. Fashion enslaves us all. Reminds me of the first Lollapalooza back in 1991 at Lake Fairfax, all the hipster kids were wearing black in the mid day sun and paying the price, dropping like flies long before Jane’s Addiction hit the stage.

So I am dreading the heat, but still excited to go. I am anxious to see the Police who come on last at 8 p.m.; Chelsea NEEDS to go early and see Fountains of Wayne who go on at noon. They are named after a real store in Wayne, New Jersey that sells concrete fountains and other lawn ornaments. No Kidding. See for yourself.


I must go rest. Tomorrow will be a long hot day. Being a Mom who rocks ain’t easy.


-GAIL CLOUGH, Daily Record marketing

No comments: